Kids need support to develop better learning mindsets and these CREATE tools help to that very thing. We took studies on how to increase productivity in children with learning difficulties and put them into a To-Do List and Study tools so they can approach their tasks feeling capable to do the work.
- Doing the easy, fast tasks first
- Ordering tasks longer than 5 mins in a digestible way
- Breaking down hard tasks into 3-4 parts
- Using the Pomodoro method of working (25 mins of work / 5 mins of rest)
- Understanding what skills stop hard tasks
- Knowing the steps to acquire needed skills to get things done
- Getting rid of obtrusive thoughts but honoring their intent
- Doodling as stress relief
- Body Doubling aka Study Buddy – ADHD strategy for study accountability
- Exercise as a productivity intervention
- Deadlines as stronger motivation for the brain then scheduling
Best of all, these tools are laminated and meant to be used with a fine tip dry erase marker! That means you can use, erase and re-use these powerful tools any time you need them.