Giving your child the skills to advocate for themselves and maintain better life-long health starts with strong body-awareness.
That’s because the brain-body connection serves as the main mode of communication between us and our body’s physiological systems. When we don’t have a strong connection with our body we don’t understand how we are feeling and often feel unsafe experiencing emotions through their completion.
The result? Feeling overwhelmed when you experience stress, trauma that never gets worked out of the nervous system and a person that avoids strong emotions because they never learned the methods to feel better when experiencing them.
Parents can be proactive and give their kids these invaluable life-skills. We hope this learning tool will help make that easier.
The Body Awareness Parenting Guide:
We’ve put together so much information on body awareness!
This guide teaches parents how behavior is impacted by the nervous system, how to help the body work through emotions physically and 3 major coping strategies that will promise your child life long health. Every Body Awareness chart automatically comes with this full-course worth of information:
- What somatics is
- How the nervous system impacts emotional regulation
- How body awareness creates better behavior
- How recognizing body signals leads to better health
- How body awareness creates better communication
- How trauma gets stuck in the body
- How anger impacts our nervous system
- How to practice Body Scanning
- 3 techniques that ground the body and why they work